Seriously how can it be that there are only 4 hours and 8 minutes left of 2010?? This year flew by at record speed and while it has been a FULL year, a BLESSED year, a LOVELY year, it has gone by much too quickly. I have nothing profound to say, nothing deeply rooted, no resolutions to share(I stink at resolutions) But I do want to say thank you to all of my friends and family that are such a huge part of our lives. I have said before and I will say it again; adoption has brought us so much more than just an amazing daughter. I have seriously made some AWESOME friends who are such a part of our everyday life. I had to laugh as the holiday cards rolled in and Hayden would point and say look it Paige, or Ruby or Lexie, and Ellie. Hayden is so familiar with all of our "adoption" friends and it really warms my heart and makes me smile to know that we are surrounded not only by family and friends that are close, but by those we have made a connection with as we shared the journey of our kids. I work really hard at fostering these relationships, and I look forward to 2011 because my list is pretty long of families we plan to meet this year!!!
Obviously we will have some changes here in our house this year with my return to work(sort of) and we have some GREAT trips planned in the months ahead. We look forward to Taiwan ROCks in Aug(info coming right after the first of the year. Contracts have been signed) Hayden will start preschool in the fall. It will be a year of firsts, and a year of memories I am sure. We welcome it with open arms.
We wish you and your families the best of the what the New Year has and holds. Thank you for your friendship, your kind words, and your loving thoughts for our family.....they are VERY appreciated.
THROWS CONFETTI AND POPS THE CHAMPAGNE!
Hayden and Shiyu
David and Taylor(my step-daughter)
I pulled out all of our cards from our friends near and far that have also adopted.
Hayden taking her new wheels(gift from Santa) for a spin.
4 comments:
Happy New Year! First, preschool is one of our firsts for 2011 and I'm scared to death. Second, I'd love to see my Christmas card up there on your fridge, but I don't do them...so maybe that should be my new year's resolution? Third, if you ever make it up our direction to visit a certain host daughter anytime, you can count yourselves welcome at our home. Hope you have a fantastic 2011!
It has definitely been a wonderful year especially since I got to become friends with you.
2010 did fly by, too fast in my books. I hope we can get our animal lovers together this summer.
Happy 2011!
I know just what you mean...where did the year go???
Loved seeing all the cards and love that yours'(and others!) graces our fridge too!
Wishing you another year of joyous discoveries and many blessings!
This year is gonna be FUN!!!!!!
P.S. Sorry I didn't respond to your comment reply from before the Holidays....my New Years resolution then is to check that darn pesky email account(the one attached to my actual blog!) a bit more often! LOL
Happy New Year to your beautiful family!
C&C
Post a Comment