Pink Velvet Baby

Monday, December 20, 2010

Merry Christmas Oma, Opa & Lulu

It is really is looking like Christmas around our house now.  Here is a little peek at a few of our decorations.

Last night we invited my dad and step-mom over for dinner.  I must admit we are not really the entertainers, but I have to say we had a great time, and I kept my little event small and low stress. Pottery barn dip, homemade salsa/chips, a pot of tortilla soup, corn casserole, brownies for dessert.
Hayden of course had a blast having Oma and Opa over to see her tree and dogs.....plus they let her open her Christmas present early!!!
My dad was truly given the gift of life this year.  He received a heart transplant back in May, and while the road has been a little tough since then.....he is doing amazing!! 
Hayden is very fond of both of them, and must say the feeling is quite mutual I think:) They think she is pretty special too!!!


Dinner table sat for our company


Opening Lulu:)



Had I known what they were getting her I would not have bothered to get her a thing.....to say Hayden LOVES what they brought her is a complete understatement!!!! Lulu the cat has officially become a member of the family. It is called a "fur real pet" Lulu meows, licks her paw as she strokes her face, rolls over, closes her eyes. She actually looks very real and Hayden thinks she died and Mommy bought her a cat!!! She wants to sleep with her, but we know there would be no sleeping, so we convinced her that Lulu would sleep outside of her room. The first thing she did when she awoke this morning was grab the cat and head to breakfast. She felt as thought Lulu must be thirsty and would want some milk just like her:)
I have a few more funny pics of Hayden and her new best furry friend, just need to get them off my phone. 
Hayden is obsessed with their cat Checkers, and so this was the perfect gift for my animal loving child!!!


                I can say it is the next best thing to the real thing......no litter box and no vet bills!!!







8 comments:

k said...

There is some pretty heavy duty mutual love going on there!
Looks like it was a great night!!

Journey to our baby said...

So cute, and I LOVE Hayden's long hair! I just got Julianna's chopped again on Saturday, I'll try again now to grow it out....we'll see how long that lasts :)

Lisa said...

I'm so SO happy that your Dad continues to heal and your visit with them sounds just perfect!

And that kitty cat? OH MY, I think Lauren has one of her ancestors upstairs :) and she still loves it dearly.

Love your sweet darling Miss all dressed up in her ribbon bow dress and she looks SO SO happy!

Your decorations are beautiful too!

Merry Christmas!!!

Maci Miller said...

Adorable dress on adorable Hayden! House looks gorgeous for the holidays! And most of all...hooray for Dad! Glad you had such a nice time!

michelle said...

Glad to hear your dad is recovering nicely and can be with Hayden for Christmas and what a great present for her. Her love for animals goes very deep!

Your house looks so festive and what a yummy menu you were serving.

Lisa said...

Your dad looks fantastic!! So glad he is doing so well. Hayden definately looks like she is having fun... and what do you mean you guy don't entertain??...I think you did just fine when we were there. Love Hayden's dress too. Have a Merry Christmas my friend.
Love lisa

Lisa said...

Wonderful news about your dad. I hope he continues to do well. Miss Hayden looks like she is head over heels with Lulu. Cute pictures and lovely decorations in the house.

Lisa said...

Just me again :)

My email won't go, but this will....go figure! LOL

Just wanted to express how lovely I think your family card was/is! Both kids ( and me too!) were tickled to receive it and I just LOVED it!

What a beautiful family and the sibling photo melted my heart!

XOXO

...Gonna be out of bloggy world for a bit, so if we need to share ROCks news, I will do so late next week!!!

P.S. If you want to delete this, feel free :) I know its a bit chatty and newsy!