"wow this beats Santa any day"
Hayden: "Hey look there are some bunnies in here"
Us: "Hayden we can't take them out, they are babies, please leave them alone, make a good choice"
"Okay I will go check out the other stuff with daddy"
"oh look a pony"
Hayden: "hey kids(that's what she call us) look there are some bunnies in here"
Us: "Hayden, seriously leave the bunnies alone!! You are not making a good choice!"
Hayden: "I am just going to open the door and give them some food, I think they are hungry"
Us: "Hayden do not open that door, they are babies and we are not suppose to feed them"
Hayden: "but look at all this food we have in our bucket"
Hayden: "Here you go little bunnies, now that is better isn't it?"
Man at the petting zoo: "She's okay, she looks like she knows what she's doing"
Me: "ummmmm she's 2, she thinks she knows everything"
Hayden: "okay fine I will go and try to feed the other crazy skittish animals"
Hayden: "GOAT stop running from me.....I know I am squeaking, but it is just my shoes, don't be scared little goat"
Hayden: "look at this donkey, he's like the one with baby Jesus" (our nativity at home)
Hayden: "Okay kids I am going to go feed those bunnies again"
You like her new purse??
YUP, we could not keep her away from the freaking bunnies!!
It seriously became a joke!!
Finally we gave in and just got one out(although she wanted all 4 out...civil rights and all)
Hayden: "Mommy, I WANT to hold him"
you can see my hand holding her back....persistent I tell ya.
She was making me CRAZY!!!!
We finally went back to the donkey because he was the only one interested in our food. He was actually the sweetest animal there. Although my future vet/president of PETA would disagree, she thought they were all great, even the CRAZY, SKITTISH goats!!! You see I never got a picture of the goats(crazy they were)
I posted these pictures in the order I took them. Seriously she would not walk away from those bunnies, and we were doing everything but walking out to keep her away from them(it was too expensive to just leave)She was determined that those bunnies needed attention and food, and she was going to be their provider. It did not help when the zoo guy chimed in and she heard him. Then later he told some kids to get away from them(go figure) We are really working on making good choices, and this was one of those times where her stubbourness got the best of her!!!
By the way this was what we did instead of seeing Santa. Hayden has no interest at all in the jolly old fat man, but across the street from the holiday festivities she spotted the petting zoo, and was dead set that we needed to feed the animals!!!
Funniest thing she told me this weekend: Good job being a wife mommy
Our favorite words this week are: habitat, investigate, and stupendous.
Don't ask me.....I am just her mommy, and obviously these are words that I don't use frequently.













6 comments:
Oh, I LOVE her!! I thought I already did, but this just took it up another notch!!! She so had me "hey kids"..........that is hilarious!!!!!
Gonna have to show both kiddos this one and Lauren will be glowing with pride for your darling (beautiful, smart and socially concious!)divine Miss H.!!!!!! She would SO be worried about those "babies" too and I would SO be uttering the same things about making good choices! To pretty much no avail!
LOL
There's hope too; Lauren has finally warmed up to Santa and Tyler? No (Santa) fear! I'm worried it may become his new life's motto!
:)
XOXO
Alright, make me jealous with your child's advanced vocabulary... Love Hayden and I can just hear her telling you those words.
Funny, I was thinking what the heck is Jules doing at a petting zoo and then you do tell us and I cracked up because Paige would do the same thing. She really doesn't want any part of the big guy.
Lisa
You had me laughing about the darn bunnies, but the "Good job being a wife" quote had me on the floor. She cracks me up! You gotta love the persistent two year olds :)
Love that little Hayden! She and Lexie would be like two peas in a pod at that petting zoo and she probably would be right behind Hayden and opening that cage of bunnies.
Lexie is not too keen on Santa either. Everytime we're at the mall, she avoids eye contact with the man. Maybe next year, but I loved her shirt.
Wow, what a vocabulary! Isn't it funny where they pick things up. Eric was drinking a coke and Lexie kept saying "coke" and we've never told her what was in that red can, but she knew what it was.
Thank you for brightening my day! I can't wait to see what Miss H does next!
What is this child watching? Stupendous? You go Hayden! Love how persistent she is. Ha ha. She was just taking care of those little bunnies and come ON how cute was that white one??? :-)
Anyway, glad you had a good time. She is just as cute as ever. Good luck on your upcoming trip.
She is SOOOO cute!
Post a Comment