Here is a little peek at Hayden's pink tree. She decided she wanted it in her playroom this year. As you can see it matches just fine.....most everything is pinkalicious in Hayden's little world. When I put on her dress that day she told me that it was her ice skating Santa costume. Except we have never seen an ice skating Santa so not sure how or why she decided Santa ice skates, and by the way those are her "dance shoes" or so I have been told. Hmmmmmm.
and why you ask if her ornaments have been repositioned on her tree to her liking....why yes they have:)
I must share this ornament with you. It is my VERY favorite ornament and it came from two of our most favorite people in the whole world. It arrived shortly after Hayden came home. I absolutely love putting it on our tree and I actually keep it out in my office the rest of the year. It is from our dear, dear friends Scott and JoEllen. It seems like we have been friends with them FOREVER!! But about 12 years ago they moved to Boise, ID. They were our friends that we did EVERYTHING with, we know too much about them and they know too much about us. They have since had 3 beautiful children and made quite a little life for themselves in ID. We miss them terribly and don't come close to seeing them often enough. But they sent this ornament to us and I cried when I opened it. It means so much to us the meaning and who sent it. But as you can see it has Hayden's whole name(I have smudged our last name) and then on the other side it has our forever family day date painted on it. It is hand blown glass and hand painted, and again it is one of my VERY favorite things in our house!!! It is from this company and if you are looking for a lovely gift for a family bringing home a child I think this is one of the best things you could give.
We love you Scott and JoEllen(and kids)














4 comments:
Oh gosh, I remember Hayden's tree from last year. I thought it was such a dreamy pink tree and perfect for the little princess. Funny how kids come up with names for things like the ice skating dress. Too funny.
I am totally bookmarking the site for that ornament! I have several friends who would adore it. Luvs it myself.
I love that tree and the pink santa outfit is adorable. I remember last year there was a tutu around it. I still keep that idea in the back of my head when we finally get a little tree for Lexie. We're thinking next year she will be ready to start decorating her own tree.
Hayden is absolutely ADORABLE in that pink santa outfit! Wherever do you find these things! Soooo cute! Bet she is real giddy for the holidays this year. We are pretty giddy ourselves over here!
Have the merriest of Christmases with your sweet Hayden and btw, that is a beautiful ornament. What wonderful friends!
Love the dress. and you know I love that beautiful pla room. I think the tradition of an individual tree is so cool. No one here does that- I'm thinking maybe I will start next year.
Merry Christmas -Hope Santa is good to ya.
Lisa
Post a Comment