Hayden and my goddaughter Meggie
Only in TX right would there be a gun smoker
Look at them holding hands....they did a lot of this, they really get along GREAT!!!
Meggie(how adorable is she?? best hair EVER) and her mommy
Back in December we went on a little road trip to Houston with one of my dearest and oldest friends, she is the closest thing to being a sister.....I would say we did grow up together, not as teenagers, but certainly as young women. K pretty much knows EVERYTHING about me. We have spent some remarkable times together, both good and bad. Her parents pretty much rocked(sweet Mama Gioia passed 5 years ago, is is sorely missed by me and by David) and have always included me as part of the family. I love K's kiddos as my own, and they are pretty much growing up WAY too fast. We have vacationed together, we have seen each other through GREAT times and through some REALLY bad times. I have spent countless weeks of the year at her house, I adore her husband who has the patience of a monk....just like David. Hmmmm?? She and I should analyze the fact that we both married men with a great deal of patience for us:) K and I have been friends for 25 years(wow old people say that right?) Anyway, I hold her and her family near and dear to my heart. They are family and I love spending time with them.
K brought her youngest of 3 with her and we road tripped it down south. We had a GREAT time, had Woody's barbeque on the way down(a must if you are driving on I45 in Centerville, TX) We stayed with the most GRACIOUS of friends, we did some shopping, we did some playing, we did a WHOLE lotta driving, but the girls were troopers. K and I had a great time and were actually able to talk(except when Hayden was demanding her music be turned up) It is seldom these days that we can hold a conversation....K has 3 kids ranging in age from 9-3, a dog, a dad that lives with her as well as her incredible calendar that is far busier than one I could ever keep track of. So texting is our best friend at this point:) We laugh and say someday we will be old and live together and our house will be so clean and so quiet, and we will just spend our days having lunch and reading mags and browsing catalogs.
Anyway, we did a terrible job of taking pictures on this trip, but it was not for lack of fun. We want to road trip to Canton or Austin sometime soon.













5 comments:
Aww!! Cute of the girlies. Where has the time gone?? Here's to 2011!! XOXO
A gun smoker?? Very interesting, but loved the two sweethearts in the pictures.
Sounds like you had a great time! I miss road trips. Eric and I used to go on them with another couple, that was pre-kiddies, of course. We've been talking about taking a Disney cruise together. We'll see if that ever happens.
I'm trying to see if I'll be able to take off from school on those dates (Aug. 12-14) for Taiwan Rocks. If I can find a good substitute since I'll only have been in school a week, then we may be able to make it. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Can't wait to hear about Taiwan ROCks! I love the name too, so creative and so true! We are still hoping to make the trip for this. And please let me know if there is anything that needs to be taken care of - just throw it my way and I can tackle it!
The pictures that you did manage to take are SO cute!! Sounds like all had a lot of fun :-)
Best friends rock. Happy to know you caught up and had a good time. Love the first picture of the girls.
Post a Comment