At the western wear store there must have been thousands of pairs of boots, and I am pretty sure my little "boot lover" tried on every single pair that came in her size. But these were the winner:)
This cow was named Angel and I am pretty sure the cow has more styling products than I have owned in my lifetime:) Seriously they groom them so well it is incrdibe to see their perfect coif.
This girl was so sweet to take the girls to pet "her" pig. The kids that come to the stock show have been raising their animals specifically for the stock show. They are such a unique breed of kid's. Kids that know hard work, and dedication. A lot of the animals are sold in auction at the end of the show and these kid's use that money( a lot of $$$) for college and to continue on with raising stock from a baby to a mature animal ready for showing the next year.
BTW goats and sheep smell much worse than the pigs....just thought you might be curious about that unknown fact.
Yes it is stock show and rodeo season in our great state. We look forward to this event every year, and now that we can take Hayden we really anticipate our journey to the coliseum of animals every year. This year was no different, but it was extra special as we went with Miss Ruby and her family. The girls were decked out in their best western wear, and boy did these girls LOVE the animals. I think they were a little disappointed that they didn't get to pet more of them, but the cows, pigs and sheep that they petted were pretty AWESOME if you ask them.
We then headed out to dinner and had picked an oldie but a goodie, and I have to say that when we turned onto the street of this popular hot spot.....well we quickly figured out that everyone in the great state of Texas had decided to go Joe T Garcia's. Literally the lines(yes you read that correctly that was plural on purpose) was at least 100 people long. So while my tummy had set it sights on delicious enchiladas our journey turned into the biggest drive by EVER!!
But no worries, our little corner of the world is never short of good Mexican eateries, so it was off to Fuzzy's Taco stand, and it did not disappoint. The girls ran around like crazy "Chexan" girls in their boots, they danced to the jukebox, pretended to play video games and we enjoyed a delicious meal, the coldest beers ever and the greatest of company.
I wish I had taken more and better pictures, but it was really crowded and I carried H around a lot so she could see things from a better vantage point. But you see there are a few and I think these two look adorable in their western finery.
I tried so hard to convince H to get red boots like Rubes, but she would have none of that.....it was PINK or nothing:) The girl knows what she likes.













5 comments:
I loved those boots. They even have little heels! Lexie would love shopping for boots with Hayden. What heaven to be with all of those animals! Sounds like a fun time was had by all.
ok, I LOVE the boots!!!!
Those might be the cutest boots I have ever seen!!! Hayden looks insanely cute!
I have boot envy!!! :)
Please tell your pretty lil' Miss that I would choose pink too!
:)
Those boots rock! I can't recall what state you are in, but the pics reminded me of growing up in Colorado and being in 4H. I raised rabbits, but I loved walking around and seeing all of the animals "show ready"! :)
Post a Comment