Pink Velvet Baby

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I SHUTTER to disagree!!

Everyone that knows me well knows that I LOVE, ADORE, and just get plain EXCITED about Christmas cards(actually about any cards) But one of my favorite things about the holidays is running to the mailbox each day to see what my treasure chest(mailbox) is holding for me.  I just love seeing all the pictures and cards, and reading the letters from everyone with their year in review!!  I SAVE all of my holiday card pictures that we recieve and I have a scrapbook done year by year so that I see all the children progress from their first Christmas picture, and now I have seen some of them graduate high school and college!!!  I know just another freaking tidbit of info you have always wanted to know about me huh?? 

Since I love card season so much I obviously spend a lot of time on our cards.  At one point we were up to about 200 cards going out.  I forgot to mention that I also keep track of our incoming cards and after about 3 years of not receiving a card I have to check you off our list unfortunately.  While I adore getting cards, and I actually enjoy getting our cards done and out....they are expensive and with postage it is just too expensive to keep sending cards out to others that don't send them too. So I think I have cut our list this year down to about 150.  I understand why people don't do them, they are time consuming, expensive and sometimes I think holiday cards just never make it to the top of the list of getting accomplished(that is why I give you 3 years~LOL)  When I see cards I LOVE from others I always make a note of where it came from, and last year overwhelmingly the cards that made the top of my list were from SHUTTERFLY!!!!  You can't even believe the selection of holiday cards they have available!!  So many it makes it really hard to choose.  So I might be choosing 2 different styles this year.  I have always used Shutterfly for their photobooks as well as their amazing calendars (if you haven't done a calendar on Shutterfly I insist you do and give it as a gift to yourself and someone else)  The quality is awesome and they give you choices of the paper quality you prefer.  I am a 130 lb paper girl, but if you are wanting to do photo paper cards they have that as a choice too!!    If you are looking stictly for "holiday" cards you need not look further than right here (run over here and look and come right back) Okay right they are REALLY cute and did you see the prices??  I am here to tell you that the prices are AMAZING and the shipping times are incredibly fast.  So if you haven't ordered you still have PLENTY of time, and if you want to send me a card, just shoot me an email and I will send you my address and I would love to run out to my treasure trove and receive your card!!  Ours is going to be SPECTACULAR this year.  I have EVERYONE in the picture this year(okay not the dogs because they can't behave well enough for a photog to take their picture) but I had EVERY single kid(that is a relative term) home, up and dressed with smiles on their face.  Yes Hayden did great in this shoot because she had her big brother and sister in the same location as her!!! 

If by chance you are sending out invites for a cookie exchange or a Christmas eve get together there is still plenty of time to order some invites from Shutterfly.  Look at how cute the invites are this year, makes me wish I was hosting a party this year.  But since I am not maybe I will be lucky enough to get invited to a fun party with a really cute invite from Shutterfly!! 

Okay now I am going to show you some of my favorites:)










Okay now seriously go order your cards.....no excuses, I am fine if you print your address labels:) 

If you are interested in participating in Shutterfly's blog promotion just head over here and submit an application, EASY PEASY!!

1 comment:

Maci Miller said...

lol, you are too cute. I love the holidays and giving and receiving cards, too. I just looked at those and agree Shutterfly has some really nice ones. Think I may go with Etsy though. There are some nice ones that can be customized that I am looking into and a big cheaper. Like the calendar idea though. Will have to check into that! Happy card making!