Sorry people I got nothing for you....This was pretty much all we did this week. Hayden is in LOVE with her new leotard that is "just like Addison's" Didn't even realize that my daughter already recognizes what other people are wearing. Addison(4) is the older sister of Matthew who was in the same foster home as Hayden. Hayden thinks Addison hung the moon. So when we put on the leotard this morning and she looked in the mirror she told me it was "just like Addison's" Hmmmm???
Yes we wear ponies everyday now, I am trying to get her hair all one length and let's just say growing Hayden's bangs out are about as painful as what I remember growing mine out. I have sternly told my hairdresser that if I ever come in and even beg her for bangs she is to REFUSE, and remind me that I will immediately regret the decision and move on to growing them out the following day. So let's just say I can't wait for Hayden's bangs to grow so they are no longer bangs!!!
We are off to the country for a week. We are going to stay at a friends log cabin. They have chickens(get to get our fresh eggs each morning) goats, dogs, cats, minature horses, 4 wheelers, great food and awesome company. Hayden is going to be in heaven with all of the animals(we may never get her off the mountain) But last time we were there we had no phone service, and no computer!!! So this mommy is unplugging for a bit. We will be back with lot's of pictures for you and I am sure Hayden will come back with enough mosquito bites for all of us.
I almost forgot. Me along with 3 other mom's are starting the process of organizing our first annual Taiwan/China(and a few other Asian countries) Family Reunion. Let me just say I am so incredibly excited at the mere thought of a resort filled with all of these kiddos that are now home with their families. It will be great to see some of our friends from all over the country and to meet some new friends as well. What we do know is that I will be the first host chairman, so we know it will be held here in the DFW area(central location from all coast, fairly predictable weather(haha) 2 large airports, with one being served by Southwest, and the resort we are looking at would not require people to rent a car if they didn't want to. Plenty to do, places to eat and shop) We will do it in 2011 so people have plenty of time to plan and save. We will be polling groups soon about the date. Please know we can't please everyone, and so that is why we are planning so far out so that it does give people an opportunity to save the date. We hope to make this an annual affair, so if you can't come this year....we will hope to see you next year. So there will be more info to come very soon. We are trying to iron out some details before we totally go public. But just know that I think it will be an amazing weekend of FUN and friendship. It is really something that I hope our children will really appreciate and look forward to year after year!!! So we are going to need some volunteers, so if you are reading this and your immediate reaction is that you can't wait and what can I do to help?? Make sure and let me know, because we will be thrilled to have helpers. The more help, the better this event will turn out.
Before we leave we will be headed to DFW to welcome our newest US citizen and Hayden's new best friend Ruby!! We are SO excited to see them return and hoping that right this minute they are having a lovely and quiet 18 hour flight home with a 3 year old in tow:) We have been practicing "Welcome to America Ruby"
Okay we our outta here, have a great weekend and we will see you sometime next week.
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














8 comments:
I loved Hayden in her little leotard. I'm hoping to send Lexie to gymnastics soon. She loves to tumble. Have a fun time in the country. Lexie would be in heaven too with all of those animals. The reunion sounds like fun, but will need more details to see if we would be able to fly out there. Enjoy your vacation!
Oohh sounds fun... just don't make it for July 2011 we just booked a Disney trip....I can help out too if ya like.....enjoy the country. I am loving this summer fun too much.. I told dh that he may have to get another job so I can retire. HA- like that would ever happen. K.... if you have time before you go call me would love to catch up....
Lisa
Love her in that little leotard and piggie tails! So sweet! I can so relate to the bang thing. For myself and Ruby as her hair is getting growing out too and some days it just HAS to go up! Have a great time enjoying the country. And if you include Thai in that maybe I can get out there. We have a Thai family reunion in July 2011 but whats one more fun family trip with a bunch of great families??? :-)
Love the leotard!!! I know your pain of growing out bangs. . .I actually think it can be worse with Asian hair since it can be so straight and so slippery. . .
WOW - an event?! Just Kidding - can't wait to "get the party started"!!! And hope to meet you soon.
Ooh, we would love to attend but not sure if it will work for next year. We are also most likely headed to Disney but probably sometime in June.
Loving Hayden in the leotard! Have a great time on the farm. I want chickens really badly but the hubs says no way!
I was very excited to see that you are working on planning an event! This sounds great to us! I would be happy to help in any way that I can and hope we can make it! I am actually coming to Dallas for 5 days in Sept for work and wanted to touch base, maybe we could met up then too?
Oooh, I'd love to come to the Taiwan reunion!! I'm with Lisa...we just booked a disney vaca too...ours is in March...but we'll definitely try to make it!! We have family in Houston (we live in MI), so we might be able to visit them too! :) And...let me know if I can help plan!
Love, love, love the piggy tails. Too cute. Hayden is getting so big!
Post a Comment