Monday, May 3, 2010
License to drive
I am a mean mom and don't let Hayden ride in the "car" at the market(way too many germs for my liking) Buuuuttttt when daddy goes he insists that she loves it so much that it is just wrong to deny her the pleasure. So after I sprayed it completely down with lysol and wiped it with anti-bacterial wipes I gave in and let her drive. Okay I will admit she LOVES riding in it, and they 4 wheel and drive fast and do donuts(yeah I know) I am not sure who is having more fun.....Hayden or daddy?? She honks the horn and makes car noises(not sure where or who she learned that from) Forunately daddy does not go to the market with us often, so I think we will stick to mostly driving our own car at home, but I do agree that it seemed to be pure nirvana for Hayden and she was really well behaved, until she handed me the Mr. Goodbar that she had taken a bite from wrapper and all:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















7 comments:
Oh funny! I would be the exact same way - wiping everything down like crazy - I do that for the regular shopping cart. Although staying in a hotel room for a week with Julianna in Taiwan did cure me of some OCD germ habits!
Ok, here's my encouragement to forget the germs and keep getting the cart with the car.... it's great on the stomach muscles! Notice how much harder it is to turn the corners. You really do get a bit of a workout. Plus, for me as a single woman, it's a great conversations starter when you crash into things, since it is pretty hard to control it sometimes. But don't mention that one to David, or he may change his tune.
I'm with you - I don't want the kids touching anything!!! I have let them drive that car once, but then it was out and onto disinfecting them. They come home, clothes come off, don't sit on the couch, the bed, whatever with clothes that have touched a pre-school. Wash your hands, don't use the air dryer, use a seat cover if you have to, don't touch the faucet or the door on the way out. They know the drill!!!
Too cute!!!
Next thing you know you will be giving in and letting her play at the McDonald's playland.
Oh Jules ~ I feel the very same way! Gross....but....I have allowed it too! LOL Its hard to say "no" to all the fun (but nasty) things! :)
AND I'll tell ya something else too ~ its not easy manuevering those car carts. Early on with Lauren I became the Mama who always knocked the automatic doors off the hinges as we left the supermarket! I couldn't even see where we were headed!
But Oh, how she adored it.....so I wiped it as best I could and shop we did! And T? Yep, he's graced one too! (but not everytime thankfully!)
Vroom vroom Miss H! And she's cute as a button behind that wheel too!
I love Hayden in the car! Get over those germs mommy-Hayden can not be contained!
Miss you guys. Love, Sara
Think of it this way: germs create a good, healthy immune system! And come on, do we REALLY have so much fun in our lives that we can't have a little more?! ;-) Let the poor girl drive her car! Lol!
Post a Comment