Pink Velvet Baby

Monday, October 12, 2009

13 years ago

Oct 12, 1996 I married the best man in the whole world!! We eloped to Maui and married with Taylor and Connor as our witness' in Wailai, HI. It was one of the best days of my life. It was one of the best decisions I have ever made, and 13 years later(together 17) I would do it all over again in a second!!


Fast forward to Oct 11, 1997 we renewed our vows in front of my family who was just a little mad about us eloping. We had been planning a wedding for months(hence the dress) and made us feel so guilty for not allowing anyone else to participate that we had my family pastor(has married every single person in my family) do our vows. We did the dress, the cake, the aisle the flowers the whole nine yards. It reminded David and I why we eloped. While I am glad I had just a smidge of that experience I am mostly glad I have the pictures. But the memories from our little wedding in Maui will be a day I will never forget!!

Happy Anniversary baby....I love you!! Here's to many more years of happiness and laughter:) XO

9 comments:

Journey to our baby said...

Auw, this is so sweet. I love looking at old wedding pictures, they are so happy and special. Have a wonderful Anniversary.

walternatives said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet story! Have a little tear in my eye as I read it. Happy Anniversary to a great couple!

Missy said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I love the pics :)

Heather - The Wanna-be Super Mom said...

oh my gosh...we are bff for a reason. Remind me when you are here on Thursday to tell you the story of our two weddings too.

Anonymous said...

Awww. That made me happy to see that.

Lisa said...

Happy anniversary!! Thank you for sharing this glimpse into your two memorable days! Truly can't imagine a place more romantic and ideal for a wedding than Maui....we took our honeymoon there and it remains our favorite place.

Wishing you many many years of joy!

Anonymous said...

How sweet! We just made 17 years on Saturday & got the most precious gift of all....our daughter! Couldn't have gotten a better anniversary present.

We had the big white wedding the first time & I have joked with Skipper that in 3 years (on our 20th) I would love for us to renew our vows on the beach, just us & the kids. We'll be opposite of you guys!
Love your wedding pictures! We didn't have a great photographer for ours! :-(

Eloise said...

I found your blog through Hopsy. Your daughter is absolutely adorable! It is wonderful to see the delight that you and your husband take in her.

Love your wedding pictures! We go to Wailea every Spring Break if we can. My kids think it is the greatest place in the world.

Happy Anniversary!