











Well it is Thursday folks, and we are about 48 hours away from heading home. We have been blessed with a great trip. We have seen so much, learned even more, eaten amazing food(and some food not so much) We have tried to soak in every bit of the culture and people here. But I think we are all ready to get home and sleep in our own beds, and have a taquito and Dr. Pepper from Whataburger:)
Today has been a hard day for Hayden. She seems to be really grieving and having a hard time coping. One minute she is happy as a clam and the next she is inconsolable. I just hold her tight while she screams(excellent lungs) and we work through it, and just keep telling her we love her, and that we understand why she is so angry and frustrated. This is a lot of change for one little girl, and while I know she will work through it and be fine in time, it really just breaks your heart to see her so upset....and to understand why she is so upset. But again all we can do is hold her and let her get it out the only way she can which is telling the world she is p!ssed off that her life has been turned upside down.
She loves to smile for the camera, and she is fascinated by all the people who come up to her and talk to her. I feel as though we are famous with her....seriously it is hard to walk around with all the people wanting to say hi to her, and tell her how beautiful she is.....and since I don't think once in my life I have had anyone stop to tell me how beautiful I am.....I am not really that use to this attention. But she smiles, and then does the dragon growl. We will have to get it on tape for everyone to see. When she is sad or when she is happy she does this growl thing that is hilarious, and the more you laugh at her for doing it, the more she does it!!!! So now we just call her dragon baby. DB for short. We will attempt to video it and see if we can get her to do it....telling you it is funny stuff.
**By the way Dragon baby loves rice, she ate half of a bowl at dinner last night!!
Okay, gotta start figuring out how all of this (crap) is getting back to the US!!













11 comments:
Ohh sweet pictures....poor thing that she is grieving but within a few weeks she will be totally devoted to you and by the way she looks with her daddy to him too. I am so happy that you had a great trip. Safe home.
Lisa
Hang in there. It will get easier. I am putting myself in her shoes and thinking about how hard it must be to have these totally new strangers coming into my life. It has to be intense. I wish you all peace as you settle in as a family.
We love the pictures! We all get our Hayden fix before the girls leave for school. Have a fabulous day and we can't wait for you all to get home. She looks so happy and so do you all.
Love,
Mike, Lyn, Madi and Grace
She is so absolutely beautiful....I can see why people stop and tell you that! She looks so completely happy in the pictures...
Praying for peace for Hayden and praying you will be able to comfort her.
Love you-
M
Oh my gosh, the towel picture just made me want grab that little cutie and run with her.
Get your tooshy on the plane already!!!! We miss y'all and we are soooo ready to see you all, mostly Hayden....but surely you understand. :-)
Hayden is so blessed to have entered such a wonderful and lving family, who is aware of how she is grieving! It will get easier.
Hayden sure looks alert, happy, and
eager to interact with her environment!
Oh, such cute pictures!
I can just see the love in each of the pictures. I'm so happy for you.
And I agree with Lisa, give it a couple weeks and she will be so incredibly devoted to you!!!
Safe travels back home.
Casey
I can't believe how beautiful she is. I will be so happy to see her in person and to hold her! So precious! You have a gem, Julie!
OH. My. Gosh!!! I am so happy to see you with Hayden. So happy for all of you. You are truly glowing, Jules. Hugs to you all!
xoxo
Jules,
Words can not express how happy I am for you!
Beth
She is just adorable! she melts me.
Post a Comment