Pink Velvet Baby

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Made it!!

view from our hotel in Hong Kong

Here we are right before we took off in our cubicals in business. They look small in the picture, but it didn't feel small, and the seat folded down into a flat bed, and we had down comforters!!


Taylor digging her seat. We have probably ruined her for any future husband:)



Posting from Hong Kong....no easy task, we have had some major technical issues, but it seems at least for the moment we are up and working.
Cathay Pacific business class was amazing, we sat in the upper deck, and it really felt as though we were on our own private airplane. The service was impeccable....Hey to all of my DAL and AA stew buddies, we have a thing or two to learn about service and hospitality:) Our flight was 15 hours from San Francisco, and it really didn't seem that long. We all slept pretty well, and were ready for bed when we arrived here at the hotel.

Had a great night of sleep, and woke up and have had breakfast, David has been working(I know that will shock those of you who know him) We are just packing up to head to the airport to fly to Chongqing.

It is really all so surreal to actually be here, we are very excited to see Shiyu and meet her family. Our next post will come from Chongqing.
**I added a picture of the ceiling...or what is left of the ceiling(I put it in yesterdays post)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! You are there!!!! And with no internal bleeding from the crash through the ceiling! (Just so you know, I worried all night about that because that is just the kind of weird worrying freak that I am!)

I am so glad that the plane ride went so well and that you are no worse for it.

Give our love to everyone!

Karen said...

Jack loves the cubicals on the plane! What a way to travel! So glad that you arrived safely and are finally there!!
Have a wonderful visit with Shiyu and her family. Please give her our best, from Papa too!
Can't wait to see pictures of the little Miss H!

Anne Marie said...

Yippee! Wow that business class is ritzy. How am I going to fly Evergreen Deluxe now that I have seen your photos!

Have a wonderful time with Shiyu and her family!

Anne Marie said...

Oh...FOUR MORE DAYS!

Anonymous said...

So glad you made it safely. I sent you an email about having my guy fix your ceiling while your gone. Don't know if you're getting email or not. Let me know if you want me to send him over. It's the same guy that did the store and fixed my dining room ceiling from the same calamity in January.

The girls said to tell Shiyu they said, "hello."

We all miss you!

HuluMama said...

Woo hoo you all are there! Hmmm maybe I'll have to save up for business class.

Have a wonderful visit with Shiyu and family.

Lisa said...

Jules,
So glad to hear you made it to Hong Kong... You are probably at your next destination as I type this. Love the plane....Let the count down begin.

lol
lisa

Jason said...

Glad to hear you made it!
I'll be sure to show Suz your blog later today.
Did you mention Skype? I'll dig up my skype account and see if Suz can hunt you down.
Enjoy your visit and keep those updates coming!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you flying the friendly skies. Looking forward to more posts.

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it there safe and that the flight was comfortable! Bet you're excited to see Shiyu and to finally meet her family. Can't wait for you to post pictures of her to see how she's changed since being home.

So excited for you guys!

**By the way, Taylor is gorgeous! Showed your post to Joni & the girls in the office and they all commented on how pretty Taylor was...

Anonymous said...

First of all, yowza on the ceiling picture! Glad you're okay!

I love, love, love, Hong Kong. Can't wait to go back. Looking forward to some pics from Chongqiing!

Marc, Julia, and Cole said...

Glad to hear you made it there in style! Just waiting to see some pic's of all of you with Shiyu next, and then of course with the beautiful Miss Hayden:)

Missy said...

Sure Ms. Thing rub it in with the business class seats ;) I will try not to picture this in my head when I am flying coach!!

Glad you made it there safely and can't wait to see pics of Hayden!

Beeb said...

Your flight sounds blissful. Have a wonderful time with Shiyu.

Unknown said...

Your there and I hope you all are having a good but safe time!! Love the business class ride....awesome! Jules stay out of any attics while you are there PLEASE!! :0) I have been checking back daily to see how you are all doing. Only 3 more days!! I can't imagine how you feel cause I'm so anxious sitting here in Missouri!! My son's birthday is the 20th so I'll always remember the day you first held little Hayden in your arms!! Take care!!