Pink Velvet Baby

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

AIT and a view from the top













We went to our visa appointment at AIT this morning, Hayden has the cutest passport picture!! We were asked several questions like.....how is the baby treating us?? do we live in the same house? is the baby living up to our expectations~LOL They will process her visa today and we will pick it up tomorrow afternoon. Technically this is the last step, and once we have the visa we are free to leave the country.
We went to Taipei 101(tallest building in the world) we went to the top, and although the weather is a bit gross with rain and fog, we were still able to get a birds eye view of Taipei.
We then ran to the handy market to purchase a couple of things. We have no room to buy much of anything else, the bags are were bulging before we arrived, we did get a strand of pearls for Hayden to have for something special somewhere down the road. We bought a few other gifts, but everything was small.
We had another good night last night. Hayden slept about 9 hours, and mommy slept about 7 which is the most sleep in one night I have had since before we left home. Hopefully we have another good n.ight tonight. Hayden slept with her foster parents....so guess who is not at all interested in even looking at her crib....we are having it removed today as it is taking up valuable space in the room. She is going to have no part of it, so we will work on that when we get home. I like having right by us now anyway.
So for those families that are coming right behind....here are a few suggestions I have.
While I was told by many not to stay here, we didn't have much of a choice, as the hotels this particular week seem to be really high and most were at least $100 more than the Golden China.....I would tell you it is worth it. This is a hotel for tour groups and each night around 9-10 the groups start to arrive and are in the hall yelling(in Chinese) and slamming their doors, then they get settled and find it necessary to go from room to room visiting.....while we are trying to sleep. Just know that the last two nights I have been in the lobby in my pajamas at 1 in the morning complaining. The hotel itself is fine, not awesome by any sense. Our room is clean, and without the noise I would be okay with it(not love it, but doable) If I had to do it all over again I would pick somewhere else, this is the start of the tour season and that is why is has gotten so bad.
It is HOT and humid!! pack accordingly, if you are planning to have good hair....good luck!! my hair is big and frizzy, so it is a ponytail everyday. Basesball hat would be a great decision. It rains a lot here!! A LOT!! think monsoon.
Squatty potties don't have toilet paper...really plan accordingly. Dresses and skirts work the best on squatties.
Okay, that is all I have today. Enjoy the pictures.
We leave in 3 days!!!!

17 comments:

Lisa said...

Jules,
I am not gonna be able to do those squatty potties... agggghhh..

Hayden is so adorable. She really looks content. Glad AIT went well.
lisa

Missy said...

^Well Lisa we better start heading to the gym and work on squats and Pilates!!

Jules I love how you call it a squatty. I am still giggling over that one.

When you get home you need to share where you are getting all these sweet outfits. She is so stylin'!

Anne Marie said...

Oh, Jules, how gorgeous is Hayden?!? She just looks so happy and calm and just wonderful! I love her little outfits, and is she wearing a red bracelet! Too cute!

Marcy Dunaway said...

COME HOME ALREADY!!!!
I want to see you and that sweet little beauty in person!

Love to you all---
Marcy

Anonymous said...

The vision of you downstairs in the lobby in your pj's giving them a piece of your mind over the noise is a picture that may just be even funnier in my head than in reality. Go get 'em Julie!!

I am so ready for you guys to be home. It is time for you to share that little bundle of cuteness with us....and time for you, Marcy and I to get to enjoy a nice breakfast with the two newest (and cutest) Biscuit customers.

Stay safe and get home as fast as you can....we miss you......and we NEED to hug that precious child!

Karen said...

The Briggs Clan enjoyed looking at Miss H over breakfast. Jack will be disappointed when we don't have a "Hayden breakfast" anymore. Looks like things are going really well and we are all so very happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Hayden really looks like she's adjusting well....that's great!

I agree with Karen's comment, I can just see you downstairs in your pajamas setting them straight...lol

Glad to hear (other than the hotel noise, squatty potties & the rain) that everything is going well. Sounds like overall, a wonderful trip!!
Both of my boys slept in their baby beds until they were a year old then somehow ended up in our bed..?? I loved it though & wouldn't change it for anything! There is no greater feeling than having that little one snuggle up against you or crawl on your chest in the middle of the night to snuggle!!! Enjoy it...

Cat said...

You forgot to say "pack your PB crackers!" ;-) Well, DUH, that explains a lot... the foster mom (same as yours) said he slept in the crib. I think you're smart to give in now (great for bonding and great for everyone if it gets everyone some sleep)!
Have a great rest of your trip and safe and sane travels home! Maybe I should have taken Taylor with me!!!
Courtney, Matthew, etc.
p.s. Matthew turned ONE on Sunday!

Unknown said...

Looks like she's adjusting just wonderfully.. She is so sweet and look at those "girlie, girl" outfits...Too Cute! You are going to have sooo much fun dressing up your little doll..=)Just a couple more days now and you all will be home.. How exciting! I can't wait to see her and you too of course...=)
Love ya!

Unknown said...

The journey is just beginning for you all. Hayden is absolutely adorable and looks so happy. I haven't heard about any more melt downs as of late so I guess she is adjusting pretty well and to sleep that amount time through the night!! WOW, I hope the time change over here doesn't upset her sleeping schedule which I'm sure it will take some getting use too!! I have loved following your journey. Hayden you are probably realizing just how lucky and loved you are by your family and they have waited so long for you. May you always find hope & happiness all the rest of your days and know you are truly a miracle! Take care everyone and can't wait to see more pictures when you have time which may be in a year or two but hey, I've waited this long to see you become a mommy I can wait a few more days for all the great pictures leading up to this moment!! HUGS from MO!!

Marcy Dunaway said...

Me again....guess who I met at Sean's school today??? Courtney! Isn't that a small world?

Come home....Biscuits is calling us!!

oxoxo

Michele A. said...

Congratulations!!!!!! She is so beautiful!! I love the sight of you with your daughter in your arms. Beautiful mama, beautiful baby!!!!!!!

rachel said...

jules,
savor the time with her sleeping with you. they grow sooo fast!!! she is absolutely beautiful!
rachel

Anonymous said...

Glad things are going well. I just love to look at Hayden! Even more, I know how happy you are and that makes me smile.

Mary said...

As I was googling Matilda Jane clothing I stumbled upon your blog...too wild since I read your old blog occasionally when you were in route to China! Congrats on your daughter...she is beautiful
BTW - both of my daughter's (adopted from China) slept w/their FM's. Although I was sure not used to this type of sleeping arrangement (I have two older bio kiddos), I savored this time with The Littles, and once home, we gradually weened them from our bed to their own beds.

Anne Marie said...

I keep coming back to look at Miss Hayden. I'm telling you there is something special about her -- her skin glows, her eyes shine, she has the perfect little curve to her smile -- she is no ordinary baby! (And no, I am not just saying that!)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a noisy hotel!

I love these pictures. She is beautiful.