Last night David and I went to meet the teacher and for the school info meeting, and then today was Hayden's turn to go meet her new teachers and see her classroom.
We have spent the last few weeks talking about new teachers, new class and new friends....(although she does have 2 kid's from last year in her class this year) Best of all one of them is a little girl Hayden played with a lot last year.
She did great, I was not sure how she would be since she has questioned WHY does she have to have new teachers and a new class. Well.....because you are a big girl and growing up, so we have to move to the bigger kid's class. Of course I am questioning why on earth do we have to change teachers and classrooms?? we were perfectly happy right where we were.
Anyway, she walked right in, gave her new teacher a beautiful painting she had painted this morning for them, and cruised the room checking out the new digs and new toys. She sat down and did a puzzle with her teacher....whom seems VERY nice. But then after a few minutes, Hayden said "come on mommy it is time to go see Miss..... and Miss...." her teachers from last year. So we spent 10 min with her new teachers and 45 min with her old teachers. Not bad considering this type of change is so foreign to her Hayden informed her teachers from last year that her new teachers WILL walk her over to visit them EVERYDAY!!!! I finally had to carry her out the door to get her to leave their room:) Good thing they love her so much!!
One step at a time.....for Hayden and for Mommy(who does not like change)
So next week we celebrate the first day of school and Hayden's 3rd birthday!!!
We are celebrating Daddy's this weekend, and hope he likes his kindle we got for him:)
Peace out and Happy Labor Day weekend......I am so glad summer is over!!













2 comments:
It will get better by the end of the first week. Tell David we said Happy Birthday!!! and when are you haveing Hayden's party??? I want to see lots of pictures..
Love ya.. and I am not happy summer is over.
I second Lisa!!! Summer needs to be longer. It is hard for little ones to make transitions. I still have former kindergarteners coming to my room and telling me they want to come back. Sometimes I wish I could take them back!! I'm sure once Hayden sees all of the neat stuff she'll be doing in her new class, she'll love it!
Hope David and Hayden have a happy birthday weekend! Very excited to see the pictures from Hayden's party after you showed me all of those cute things you're going to be doing. I'm trying to plan already for Lexie's 3rd birthday, but since we may be inviting some boys, a princess party might be out of the question for us.
Give Hayden a birthday hug from Lexie!
Post a Comment